Family Leadership trains and completely resources a leadership team from your school site to facilitate Parenting Partners™. Parents trust local staff—and local parents—and love to participate in the interactive, fun workshop sessions!
By attending this two-day, 16-hour, training each team member will be trained and certified as a Parenting Partners™ Facilitator, authorized to facilitate workshops for parents at schools or community sites.
Upon completion of the training, each participant will be able to:
- Successfully organize and lead the 8-session Parenting Partners™ Workshops multiple times each year.
- Recruit parents and involve them in positive leadership.
- Accurately and effectively field questions from parents.
- Work effectively in a multilingual setting.
It’s a two-day training workshop led by our team of trainers, including curriculum authors, who provide individual attention and coaching to each participant.
Participants receive hands-on practice in presenting Parenting Partners™ sessions in small groups around tables. Trainers individually coach each team.
It’s an active, enjoyable process—we model the fun process you will be doing with your parents. When you leave you’ll have the experience and all the materials you need to lead your Parenting Partners™ workshops.
Many Facilitators start their workshops right after training because they have everything they need to get started. Your time is valuable, so we make sure you receive everything you need during training.
This is hands-on training! You learn by doing, not just watching. As a result, you’re ready to lead the workshops! 100% of teams we train actually start this program at their school.
- The two-day Training Workshop and Certification for up to five team members from each school site.
- We develop a Parenting Partners team for each school site. These are your teams! They are sustainable and long-term. Your teams can multiply by graduating parents year after year.
- Your teams have the identity of your schools and district. They are locally owned.
- Our national Team Support Specialists support your team, helping you build sustainability and quality. We stay in the background—your community will identify Parenting Partners with your local district and schools.
Complete materials and supplies are included
- Team Presentation Kit includes everything for the interactive workshops.
- Leader’s Kit for each Facilitator includes a Facilitator Manual, Marketing & Organizing Manual, and Parent Workbook.
- Bilingual Spanish Facilitators receive double materials—everything in both Spanish and English.
Support from our Team Support Specialists
We don’t train and run! Family Leadership trainers and Team Support Specialists will continue to support you after training.
- During training each team creates a detailed implementation plan that supports the key academic goals of the principal, school, and district.
- During the s-day training your teams begin working with our Team Support staff and the relationship continues year round.
- Our bilingual Team Support Specialists then support your team through every phase: Inviting parents, leading the workshops, evaluation, and planning for the next series of workshops.
- The school and district receives high quality data from pre and post questionnaires. We compile data into practical, highly-illustrated reports that will encourage your teams and boost your compliance and reporting work.
Your teams can reach parents in multiple languages, at multiple times
Your Parenting Partners teams can reach parents with workshops in English, Spanish, and other languages.
Teams select their own schedules. The most popular choices are: early evening to reach fathers and mothers, after school to reach parents before they go home, daytime to reach parents who can volunteer or who are attending classes in ESL, etc.
Your original team can multiply by bringing some of your parent graduates on the team. The teams can offer Parenting Partners workshops to more parents in various time slots.
Most teams offer the Parenting Partners workshops once a week for 8 weeks, but some school teams customize the workshops into weekends, summer intensives, and more. These are your teams—you choose your scheduling.
- Parenting Partners™ Parent Workbook (64 pages in English or Spanish)
- Parenting Partners™ Facilitator’s Manual (252 pages in English or Spanish)
- Parent Marketing & Organizing Manual (105 pages)
- How to run Successful Parent Leadership classes: Recruiting Parents, Promoting and Organizing
- Posters, USBs, and other resources
- Every team receives the complete team presentation kit and supplies.
- Lunch and snacks are provided both days of the 2-day training.
Parenting Partners™ teams belong to you! You will have your own permanent team or teams serving your school, your district, or community agency. These teams bring you:
Credibility — Parents trust presenters from their own school and community. The local team is connected to the community’s cultures.
Consistent parent training — Your teams lead the classes in Fall and Spring of every year, providing an ongoing source of effective parent leaders.
Sustainable and permanent — Parenting Partners™ team members receive great satisfaction from their service, so most continue for years. They are also joined by some of their own parent graduates who also become Facilitators.
Affordability — This permanent resource is an attractive alternative to having to pay an agency for every class. Your team can offer this training as often as you desire.
School staff members often love to be included on the team:
- Home/School Liaisons
- School Psychologists
- After School program staff
- ELL leaders
- Parents also love to be included on the team!
To find out more, please contact:
Patty Bunker, our National Director of Parent Engagement, at 877-421-8177 or 559-240-7881 or by email