Family Leadership trains and completely resources a leadership team from your school site to facilitate Parenting Partners™.
Parents trust local staff—and local parents—and love to participate in the interactive, fun workshop sessions!
By attending this two-day, 16-hour, training each team member will be trained and certified as a Parenting Partners™ Facilitator, authorized to facilitate workshops for parents at schools or community sites.
Upon completion of the training, each participant will be able to:
It’s a two-day training workshop led by our team of trainers, including curriculum authors, who provide individual attention and coaching to each participant.
Participants receive hands-on practice in presenting Parenting Partners™ sessions in small groups around tables. Trainers individually coach each team.
It’s an active, enjoyable process—we model the fun process you will be doing with your parents. When you leave you’ll have the experience and all the materials you need to lead your Parenting Partners™ workshops.
Many Facilitators start their workshops right after training because they have everything they need to get started. Your time is valuable, so we make sure you receive everything you need during training.
This is hands-on training! You learn by doing, not just watching. As a result, you’re ready to lead the workshops! 100% of teams we train actually start this program at their school.
Training and supporting your Presenting Teams
- The two-day Training Workshop and Certification for up to five team members from each school site.
- We develop a Parenting Partners team for each school site. These are your teams! They are sustainable and long-term. Your teams can multiply by graduating parents year after year.
- Your teams have the identity of your schools and district. They are locally owned.
- Our national Team Support Specialists support your team, helping you build sustainability and quality. We stay in the background—your community will identify Parenting Partners with your local district and schools.
Complete materials and supplies are included
- Team Presentation Kit includes everything for the interactive workshops.
- Leader’s Kit for each Facilitator includes a Facilitator Manual, Marketing & Organizing Manual, and Parent Workbook.
- Bilingual Spanish Facilitators receive double materials—everything in both Spanish and English.
We don’t train and run! Family Leadership trainers and Team Support Specialists will continue to support you after training.
- During training each team creates a detailed implementation plan that supports the key academic goals of the principal, school, and district.
- During the s-day training your teams begin working with our Team Support staff and the relationship continues year round.
- Our bilingual Team Support Specialists then support your team through every phase: Inviting parents, leading the workshops, evaluation, and planning for the next series of workshops.
- The school and district receives high quality data from pre and post questionnaires. We compile data into practical, highly-illustrated reports that will encourage your teams and boost your compliance and reporting work.
Your Teams Can Reach Parents in Multiple Languages, at Multiple Times
Your Parenting Partners Teams Can Reach Parents With Workshops in English, Spanish, and Other Languages
Teams select their own schedules. The most popular choices are: early evening to reach fathers and mothers, after school to reach parents before they go home, daytime to reach parents who can volunteer or who are attending classes in ESL, etc.
Your original team can multiply by bringing some of your parent graduates on the team. The teams can offer Parenting Partners workshops to more parents in various time slots.
Most teams offer the Parenting Partners workshops once a week for 8 weeks, but some school teams customize the workshops into weekends, summer intensives, and more. These are your teams—you choose your scheduling.
Complete Materials and Supplies Are Included
Locally-owned teams are more effective!
Parenting Partners™ teams belong to you! You will have your own permanent team or teams serving your school, your district, or community agency. These teams bring you:
School staff members often love to be included on the team
Want to find out more?
Contact Patty Bunker, our National Director of Parent Engagement, at 877-421-8177 or 559-240-7881