You hold a powerful key!
With your commitment to family engagement, you hold a powerful key to unleashing educational success!
Family Leadership Inc., and our proven network of experts, will partner with you to achieve practical, manageable, and sustainable outcomes.
Together, we will celebrate transformative results as you bring your district positive, engaged families that measurably improve student success.
We focus on all 3 critical outcomes.
School districts now, more than ever, must be certain they will see results from a parent capacity-building program they select. Family Leadership Inc., through our Parenting Partners™ program, reliably achieves three essential outcomes—
- Improved student academics. Students exceed reading levels, grades go up, and students reach college/career goals.
- Building the capacity of parents for positive school engagement and partnership.
- Building the capacity of the family to create a thriving home learning environment.
We have a verifiable track record of success with more than 200,000 parent leaders. Extensive research shows that these families are now structured for success. We measure what we do and can provide excellent references from districts nationally.
What is Parenting Partners™? In one word — Engagement.
Parenting Partners™ workshops combine parenting and leadership skills that empower parents to become vital contributors to their children’s academic success. The six comprehensive workshops are presented by each school’s own trained facilitator team multiple times year-round, in multiple languages, creating a sustainable source of parent leaders.
How is our program for parent engagement different?
- We build parenting and leadership skills that produce effective parents and more successful students.
- Our district partners gain momentum with family engagement that expands capacity each year, creating a thriving, sustainable system.
- With our team of partner districts, we build the capacity of family engagement resources each year with new workshop series and online resources.
What does Parenting Partners look like?
Parenting Partners operates with school site based teams led by local leaders. These presenters–parents and staff–are highly credible to parents!
The team strategically invites parents to become a cohort for six weeks of parent leadership training called Parenting Partners in Spanish, English, and other languages.
The site based teams increase their capacity to reach more parents because they add parent graduates to their presenting team. This enables them to offer the Parenting Partners workshops multiple times a year, and to add additional workshops from the Parenting Partners Pro lineup.
How do we launch your teams?
- Principals select a team of 4-6 parents and staff to serve as workshop presenters.
- The national Parenting Partners team trains and launches the school site teams during a two-day TOT training in your district.
- The local teams reach hundreds of parents in exciting Parenting Partners workshops. Our staff support your school site teams year-round.
How do we sustain your teams year-round?
Principals love Parenting Partners because we support your teams! Nothing falls back onto the principals’ desk.
Each school team receives a dedicated coach from our national staff during the training launch. Our coaches support your teams year-round.
During the training, each team creates a detailed implementation plan that supports the key academic goals of the school and district, i.e., inviting 3rd grade parents, resulting in students reaching 3rd grade reading levels; or 7th and 9th grade parents to increase college readiness.
Our coaches then support your team through every phase: inviting parents, leading the workshops, evaluation, and planning for the next series of workshops.
Our extensive evaluation & reporting fuel sustainability.
- Parenting Partners systematically produces effective families with measurable results.
- The school and district receive high quality data from the post surveys.
- We compile data into practical, highly illustrated reports that will encourage your teams and boost your compliance results.
This is comprehensive, sustainable engagement.
Through an ongoing and systematic inclusion of parents as partners, graduates of Parenting Partners™ training enhance the district’s capacity for powerful family engagement.
- Our methods produce evidence-based positive outcomes that deliver results year after year.
- Our extensive evaluation and reporting provide the vital data district leaders need.
- We manage the administrative duties with our Team Support Specialists, serving as dependable partners to district leaders and principals.
Leverage our experience for your needs!
More than 200,000 parents have benefited from the comprehensive leadership training they’ve received from Parenting Partners™. No wonder it’s the most widely used and popular parent leadership system in America!
Parenting Partners™ becomes a locally-owned resource to involve parents in academic improvement and positive leadership. It extends the reach of teachers and administrators challenged by limited budgets and resources.
Together, we implement the leading Frameworks in Parent & Family Engagement.
- We bring your parents the Parent Roles in Student Achievement from the 2019 Partners in Education—A Dual Capacity Building Framework published by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Parents become experts in these Parent Roles developed by Dr. Karen Mapp from the Harvard Family Research Project. Parents grow in their roles in Encouraging, Supporting, Creating Structure, Communicating, Leadership, Modeling, Collaborating, and Partnering.
- Parents will put in practice Dr. Joyce Epstein’s Six Types of Parent Involvement from the National Network of Partnership Schools at Johns Hopkins University.
- Parenting Partners provides parents with the practical tools that support Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), the process of understanding and managing emotions, setting positive goals, showing empathy for others, establishing positive relationships, and making responsible decisions.
- We bring parents the best practices in managing social media and screen time from Columbia’s CASA and leading medical researchers.
You will bring the best research and frameworks to life with Parenting Partners, so they become the best practices for your families!
Affordable, complete programs that exceed expectations.
Teams receive a complete package of training materials. They are ready to start leading the workshops for parents right after the two-day training for trainers. All materials, books, multilingual training, and certification for up to six team members are included.
- Facilitator manuals in English and Spanish guide the process.
- Teams become well organized with recruitment resources, certificates, checklists, presentation tools, and more.
- Posters, PowerPoint, Fliers, USBs, props—everything you need to run your program is included.
Every resource is easy to understand and easy to use!
Multilingual materials to reach your parents.
All the curriculum, materials, and training are in English and Spanish. Teams are also leading parents in Hmong, Vietnamese, Korean, Creole, Burmese, Arabic, and other languages.
What books are included in the Parenting Partners curriculum?
- Parenting Partners™ Parent Workbook (64 pages) in English and Spanish.
- Parenting Partners™ Facilitator’s Manual (252 pages) in English and Spanish.
Parent Marketing & Organizing book – How to run Successful Parent Leadership classes: Recruiting Parents, Promoting and Organizing (105 pages) in English and Spanish.
Practical tools that transform home learning environments.
Parents are equipped with practical tools to make changes in their family:
- More effective home structure and discipline.
- Ending the cycles of useless arguments with their children.
- Replacing patterns of yelling and conflict with positive communication.
- Parents learn how to create a strong home learning environment, empowering their children to more successfully do their studies at home.
It’s easy to get started!
To receive more information, contact one of our Directors of Parent Engagement:
Patty Bunker or phone 877-421-8177 or 559-240-7881.
Steve Hosey or phone 877-421-8299 or 559-222-2300.
Katie Harri or phone 877-421-7220 or 800-747-1780.
David Porter or phone 877-421-9250 or 800-747-1780.