Parenting Partners™ workshops combine parenting and leadership skills that empower parents to become vital contributors to their children’s academic success. The six comprehensive workshops are presented by each school’s own trained facilitator team multiple times year-round, in multiple languages, creating a sustainable source of parent leaders.
How is our program for parent engagement different?
- We build parenting skills that produce effective parents.
- We show parents how to successfully partner with the school.
- We create a sustainable team of positive parent leaders.
Leverage our experience for your needs!
More than 180,000 parents have benefited from the comprehensive leadership training they’ve received from Parenting Partners™. No wonder it’s the most widely used and popular parent leadership system in North America!
Parenting Partners™ becomes a locally-owned resource to involve parents in academic improvement and positive leadership. It extends the reach of teachers and administrators challenged by limited budgets and resources.
We bring parents the latest frameworks and research from Harvard, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and the U.S. Department of Education.
- We bring your parents the Parent Roles in Student Achievement from the Partners in Education—A Dual Capacity Building Framework from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Parents become experts in these Parent Roles developed by Dr. Karen Mapp from the Harvard Family Research Project and her colleagues.
- Parents grow in their Roles in Encouraging, Supporting, Creating Structure, Communicating, Leadership, Modeling, Collaborating, and Partnering.
- Parents will put in practice Dr. Joyce Epstein’s Six Types of Parent Involvement from the National Network of Partnership Schools at Johns Hopkins University.
- Parents apply the practical research showing that grades increase along with teen drug resistance when Family Meals increase. Research is from CASA—The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University.
- We incorporate the PTA’s National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
We focus on all 3 critical outcomes.
School districts now, more than ever, must be certain they will see results from a parenting skill-building program they select. There is no room to experiment.
Parenting Partners™ focuses on three key outcomes—
- Positive parent engagement.
- Improved student academics.
- Strong home learning environment.
We have a verifiable track record of success. We measure what we do and can provide excellent references from districts nationally.
Affordable, complete programs that exceed expectations.
Teams receive a complete package of training materials. They are ready to start leading the workshops for parents right after the two-day training for trainers. All materials, books, multilingual training, and certification for up to six team members are included.
- Facilitator manuals in English and Spanish guide the process.
- Teams become well organized with recruitment resources, certificates, checklists, presentation tools, and more.
- Posters, PowerPoint, Fliers, USBs, props—everything you need to run your program is included.
Every resource is easy to understand and easy to use!
Our staff supports your teams year-round
Principals love Parenting Partners because we support your teams! Nothing falls back onto the principals’ desk.
During the 2-day training each team creates a detailed implementation plan that supports the key academic goals of the principal, school, and district. During training your teams begin working with our Team Support staff, and the relationship continues year round.
Our bilingual staff then supports your team through every phase: Inviting parents, leading the workshops, evaluation, and planning for the next series of workshops.
The school and district receives high quality data from pre and post questionnaires. We compile data into practical, highly illustrated reports that will encourage your teams and boost your compliance and reporting work.
Multilingual materials to reach your parents.
All the curriculum, materials, and training are in English and Spanish. Teams are also leading parents in Hmong, Vietnamese, Korean, Creole, Burmese, Arabic, and other languages.
This is comprehensive, sustainable engagement.
Shared responsibility for student learning cannot be accomplished in a couple of disconnected training sessions. Through an ongoing and systematic inclusion of parents as partners, graduates of Parenting Partners™ training enhance the district’s capacity for powerful family engagement.
- We manage the administrative and backend duties, freeing districts and parents from hassle and unnecessary stress.
- Our methods produce evidence-based positive outcomes that deliver results year after year.
Local teams are credible and sustainable.
Parenting Partners™ trains and completely resources presentation teams from your school site to facilitate the program. These are your teams!
The process appeals to parents because they trust local presenters (your staff and parents) and they love to participate in the interactive workshop sessions! Strong parent graduates then join the leadership team, making the program sustainable year after year.
Strength-based training is the key.
Our parents feel valuable and confident because the interactive workshops build on their strengths. Each week parents gain more manageable, effective parenting skills—including positive discipline. The workshop format is experience-oriented and discussion-driven so that parents feel respected and engaged.
Practical tools you’ll use everyday.
Parents are equipped with practical tools to make changes in their family:
- More effective home structure and discipline.
- Ending the cycles of useless arguments with their children.
- Replacing patterns of yelling and conflict with positive communication.
- Parents learn how to create a strong home learning environment, empowering their children to more successfully do their studies at home.
What books are included in the Parenting Partners™ curriculum?
Parenting Partners™ Parent Workbook (64 pages) in English and Spanish.
Parenting Partners™ Facilitator’s Manual (252 pages) in English and Spanish.
Parent Marketing & Organizing book — How to run Successful Parent Leadership classes: Recruiting Parents, Promoting and Organizing (105 pages) in English and Spanish.
It’s easy to get started!
To receive more information, contact our Director of Parent Engagement:
Patty Bunker or phone 800-747-1780 or 559-240-7881.