Parenting Partners Trainers Tool Kit
Each Facilitator receives their Trainers Tool Kit in English and/or Spanish.
This practical manual makes presenting the workshops manageable!
Thousands of Facilitators have successfully presented the Parenting Partners workshops using this easy to follow guide. Facilitators become skilled at leading highly interactive workshops that parents love.
- Parenting Partners Facilitators Manual, English (252 pages)
- Parenting Partners Facilitators Manual, Spanish (264 pages)
Recruiting Parents & Organizing Workshops Manual
How to Run Successful Parent Leadership Workshops:
Recruiting Parents, Promoting and Organizing
All recruitment, evaluation, and planning tools are fully supported by the Family Leadership staff. Each team receives ongoing support during training and throughout the year.
- Resources for recruiting and inviting parents, including customizable promotional materials in English and Spanish on a USB drive.
- Evaluation tools, including Pre and Post Questionnaires in English and Spanish, for use online with Google Docs or manually.
- Team planning resources for strategically inviting the first group of parents, leading to a sustainable plan for reaching successive groups of parents.
- Workshop planning and preparation forms.
- Reproducible handouts and interactive activities.
- Timelines for materials preparation and Parent Recruitment.
- Guides for working with multiple language groups.
- Facilitator Best Practices.
- Registration forms.
- Charts for organizing study at home.
- Sample Teacher In-service (10, 20, and 30 minute formats).
- Graduation certificates customized for your site.
Parenting Partners Parent Workbooks
40 Parenting Partners Workbooks for parents in any combination of English & Spanish.
- Parenting Partners Parent Workbook, English (64 pages)
- Parenting Partners Parent Workbook, Spanish (64 pages)
Parenting Partners Team Resource Kit
1. Presentation Tools
Parenting Partners Workshops on PowerPoint
- Complete English Parent Workbook on PowerPoint
- Complete Spanish Parent Workbook on PowerPoint
Videos for Workshops 2 & 8: Self Esteem Video, Legacy and Team Hoyt Graduation Video
Training Tools USB for Handouts, Invitations and Forms
- Recruiting, Sample Invitation Script, Flyers, Registration & Attendance Forms
- Academic Success workshop content, Homework Masters
- Skit signs, Props, Graduation Certificates, Planning Forms and much more
2. Set of posters for Parent Roles in Student Achievement in English/Spanish.
3. 40 “Parent Power: 30 Day Action Plan” posters in English and Spanish.
4. Parents Engaged for Academic Success Workshops
- Top Study Skills – 9 newsletters/workshops for parents to build the study skills of students grades 3-12.
- On Track for Higher Education
- The Parent / Teacher Connection
- Family Literacy
5. Questionnaires and Outcomes Reports in English and Spanish
- Questionnaires on Google Docs, along with a paper version, for pre and post evaluations.
- Customized Reports for each school detailing progress for each graduating cohort.
6. Workshop presentation supplies box containing workshop supplies and props:
Supplies for interactive activities in workshops
- Week 1 “Parenting Years of Experience” calculator
- Week 1 Parent Roles in Student Achievement skit bags and signs
- Week 2 Heart Skit materials
- Week 2 Posters – 101 Days of Positive Power Words
- Week 2 Love You Forever book by Robert Munsch
- Week 3 Skit props for powerful listening skills
- Week 3 Hot/Cold game props for Untangling Mixed Signals skit
- Week 4 Finger Traps for the Argument Trap
- Week 4 Parent Trap Skit signs
- Week 4 Shields for Ending Arguments and Setting Boundaries
- Week 6 Four Styles of Parenting Skit Signs
- Week 7 Resources for Parents Supporting Academic Success
- Name tags
- Graduation certificates
- Hanging files and folders
- Pencil box with pencils, pens, scissors, and props
- Dry erase and Poster-making markers
- Resources for parents’ note taking: note cards and Post-its
7. Family Literacy and Higher Ed Readiness Resources
- Education Drives America: How you can help create a culture of academic success in your community.
- Strong Start, Bright Future: Helping your child succeed in school.
- A Child Becomes a Reader: Proven ideas from research for parents.
- College Preparation Checklist
- The Shining Stars Series: Toddlers-3rd Grade